Saturday, August 23, 2008

Thought for the day

"Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you get."

Garth Brooks

(yup, can you believe it?)

You find yogic thoughts and sayings in a lot of places. You might not think you'd find them in a song by a country singer, but my brother clued me into this inspiring thought above by country music singer, Garth Brooks ( the guy with the hat on all the time). It seems fitting for today, as I prepare to head to the beach. I plan on bringing my running stuff and after a bit of beach time and soaking my newly developed shin splint in the cold ocean water, will try a run. I took off from running the past two days and it still does not feel 100%.

The saying above fits things for me these days as the universe continues to throw me curve balls. There are some things I can address and resolve; others may take longer. They're all practical obstacles but they all have a bearing on my overall quality of life ( things like money issues, pending home construction.. that kind of thing).

So today, on this gorgeous day, I am grateful for the sun and the gift of being able to just go to the beach and be at one with the ocean. That is what I 'get' today, and for that, I am joyous.

Have a sunny day, wherever you are.

No comments: